Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Well, hellooo sunshine!

Yesterday and today were definitely filled with what we all needed! Vitamin D, God's Glow, Sunshine!!! I can handle some cold and I can handle some rain; but a week-plus of cold rain?!?!? I'm done!


(See what I mean? This has been my view for a week.)

So when the sun peeked out behind the clouds on Tuesday and stayed out until after dinner today, I was re-energized! (Not to mention that the kids and the dog were able to go out and stretch their legs!)

On Sunday, I was greeted by these friendly faces...
Hmmm, what am I to make of this? Do I get my hopes up? Should I start worrying about my pale legs, because the shorts will be coming out of the closet? Naw, I just jumped out of my "mini" and snatched those suckers out of the ground! They were about to head inside to brighten up the house.

And here they are!


They make me smile! Did you know that flowers symbolize various events and feelings? Well, they do, and I'm intrigued by their meanings. So, I "Googled" away and found this:

THE MEANING & SYMBOLISM OF daffodil

Symbolizing rebirth and new beginnings, the daffodil is virtually synonymous with spring. Though their botanic name is narcissus, daffodils are sometimes called jonquils, and in England, because of their long association with Lent, they’re known as the “Lent Lily.” Lore connecting the daffodil to not only a sign of winter’s end but a lucky emblem of future prosperity is found throughout the world. In Wales, it’s said if you spot the first daffodil of the season, your next 12 months will be filled with wealth, and Chinese legend has it that if a daffodil bulb is forced to bloom during the New Year, it will bring good luck to your home.

But always remember to present daffodils in a bunch – the same legends that associate this cheerful flower with good fortune warn us that when given as a single bloom, a daffodil can foretell misfortune. ~Teleflora


Wow, good thing I didn't pick just one! :-)

No, I don't really think that Spring is here (and thank goodness, because my legs are pasty and need to be shaved), but I love the golden glow these beauties add to my kitchen!

So, what's been going on since I last updated?

Well, Lily would like to announce that she got her ears pierced!! She's been asking to have this done for a long time, so this was one of her gifts for Christmas. She and her friend, Molly, journeyed to Claire's jewelry (seriously, is there anywhere else that pierces ears?) and supported each other through this "rite of passage".


(Sam stepped in as assistant photo journalist.)

Such a brave girl! No tears, just smiles! Aren't they pretty?!?! (I'm talking about the earrings, not the teeth...even though they are pretty....and big!) Ha!

One thing the rain has brought out is my need to make things. I've been watching Food Network --more specifically, The Pioneer Woman -- and it got my creative juices flowing. So, on Monday, I made some Berry Butter and canned some strawberry, strawberry-balsamic and blueberry jams!




Well, I guess if being cooped up in the house for days on end can make me this productive -- more power to me! Let's see what this next round of storms brings!

Back in the swing of things~
Laurie

1 comment:

Tiffany Anne said...

I love those big,toothy smiles!!!

And those earrings too!