Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Fun!

This past weekend marked the Third Annual "Moore" Girls weekend in the mountains! We had a wonderful getaway full of massages, giggles and some incredible scenery! (No, we weren't giving each other massages, we hired a massage therapist to come to the cabin!) Janet hosted us at her cabin in Cloudland, Ga and we had a house full! "Girls" ranging from ages 25 - 71 all bonded and relaxed and enjoyed our time together. The weather decided to cooperate and gave us some incredible views to take in!

The beauty of Cloudland Canyon:
The unbelievable view from Janet's deck:
The girls:
God's gift that He had waiting on us when we arrived on Friday:

Now that I'm back to reality, we're getting ready for the big Halloween weekend ahead of us! I decided to take the kids to the local pumpkin patch for some picture takin' and was so surprised to see that almost all of the pumpkins were gone! I did get some cute pics, I mean, how could I not?!?!




After that, we walked around the nursery and gift shop. I felt the kids deserved a little treat, so we had some hot chocolate. Then Sam did the cutest thing. He was adamant about buying me a treat! (Big guy collected some reward money for having straight A's!!! Yea Sam!!! And it was burning a hole in his pocket!) So, he picked out a plant for me to keep in the kitchen! So sweet! I kept telling him that everyone had given him money to spend on himself, but he said he wanted to buy me something because he loved me so much! (And darn it, I didn't have a tape recorder to tape that statement and play it back over and over!) How sweet is that???
And how appropriate is it that he bought me a Hen and Chick plant!
So next, we need to carve the pumpkin, buy the candy, finish the costumes and be ready for the neighborhood party that we'll host on Saturday. Oh the fun that is about to happen! And here's our entry into our Neighborhood Scarecrow Contest...
Introducing Officer Moore!


Happy Fall Y'all~
Laurie

No comments: