Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation.........

The power of this word amazes me. It's not just taking a break from work, or packing suitcases for an adventure, it's that feeling you get while on vacation and the rejuvenation that you feel when you return that amazes me! I believe I've mentioned before that my favorite part of vacation is being able to spend full days together as a family. John is not having to get up and head out the door, the kids aren't on a bedtime schedule and I'm not having to do the mundane household duties. (Not that I don't love going grocery shopping or doing laundry!?!) But give me seven days to be lazy with my husband and kids and I'm a happy camper!

*Yep, they are happy!


This year, we had planned on going back to Rosemary Beach, but we changed our plans when BP soiled our beautiful Gulf Coast. Instead, we went back to our tried and true - St. Simons Island. I love this area and we knew that it would be just as perfect as Rosemary, so we headed out......

*We went nighttime crabbing! (Lily was picking the crabs up with her hand; Sam...not so much.)

*We played in the ocean.

*Sam grew more handsome.

*Lily became more gorgeous.

*We went to the waterpark.



*Sam almost got eaten by a gorilla.

*John and Sam went crabbing.

*A sea turtle tried to steal their bait.

*The boys were successful.

*The crabs were not feeling very successful.

*And look at our private beach!!! Unbelievable! Not sure where everyone was...

And here are Sam and Lily's souvenirs. Can you guess whose is whose?!?



We made it home safe and sound and now we're muddling through our last week of summer break. I just can't believe that school starts back on Monday. But as I look over these last few months, I feel so blessed. I have an incredible family, a beautiful home to shelter us, a wonderful husband to hug me daily and the fortunate ability to enjoy some super family trips.

Thanking God~
Laurie

1 comment:

Tracey said...

looks like you had a great time. I love SSI! I hope the kids have a great year!!