Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Watching the colors change

It has been a hectic past few weeks, but all good, fun things! I'm in the van a lot...to school, to the preschool, to the gym, to the grocery store, to the dry cleaners, to the after-school activities, etc., etc. But one thing about this time of year that makes my driving around so wonderful is the beautiful changing of the leaves! Sometimes I'll be stopped at a red light and I'll be in complete awe of my surroundings. The beauty just amazes me (and makes my "shuttle service" a little more bearable!)



We've been up to a lot of fun things the past few weeks. Let me catch you up!

We went to the infamous "Burt's Pumpkin Patch" up near Amicalola Falls. This place has the largest collection of pumpkins that I've ever seen! Colors, shapes, sizes -- you name it, they have it.

Lots of orange.....


John's muscles always come in handy....


My three punkin's!!!


After our trip to the pumpkin patch, we drove through some back roads and forest service roads and did a little hiking in the woods! The fall days have been perfect! Here are some of the sights...

We happened upon this "wildlife viewing field" and I snapped a shot of my own "wildlife"!


Before my time, but does anyone remember seeing this truck coming down the street?!?


I guess they never made it back to fill up the tank.....



Lily Clare had a sweet little Halloween celebration at her preschool. It was a western theme complete with a hay ride, petting zoo and - oh yeah - rain. So they had their trick-or-treating inside, but that didn't spoil the fun!

Yee-Haw!

Lily and her friend, Claire!

Yes, she is brushing a pig!



I know I have more to post, but that's about all I can gather up right now. I need to focus my attention on the CMA's!!!! (Sugarland makes me nauseous; Kenny Chesney makes me giddy!)

Check ya tomorrow~
Laurie

No comments: