Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A giving heart is a happy heart!

Is that a saying or did I just make that up?  Anyway, I somehow got out of order on my bloggings and failed to include this fun thing!

If you recall, in June, the news was full of sad stories about the Florida flooding and the Colorado wildfires.  Well, one of my neighbors sent a message on Facebook saying that her nephew is a firefighter in Colorado Springs and they were in need of thick socks.  I thought about this need, thought about how guilty I felt about watching the devastation on the t.v. and decided to try to do something to help.  So, after talking with the kiddos, we decided to set up a donation "drop off" in our driveway and solicited help from our family, friends and neighbors.

Well guess what?!?!?  Sam and Lily Clare collected 90 pairs of socks and $116 to be split between the Tampa and Colorado Springs Red Cross!  Way to go guys!!!

This is our neighbor, Valerie, whose nephew is the Colorado Springs firefighter, making her donation!


Some happy kids (Sam's friend, Ian, came over to help) with their donations!

What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon!


“It's not how much we give but how much love 
we put into giving.” 

                                            ― Mother Teresa

And the kids loved their donation booth so much that they stayed at the curb for an extra 30 minutes!

Hoping to grow some giving hearts~
Laurie

1 comment:

Tiffany Anne said...

After reading this, I have a little something in my eye!!!

Way to go Sam and Lily!!! We are proud of you!!!