Monday, November 18, 2013

Alive and kickin' (well, not really kickin'!)

One day I hope to NOT start my blog with "I know it's been a while...", but with the way our lives go, it looks like that is going to be the norm for a while!

Since school started, our weekends have been packed with sports for both of the kiddos!  Lily is loving her soccer team "The Jolly Ranchers" and Sam has enjoyed his 2nd season of lacrosse on the Milton Eagles.


October brought our annual trip to St. Simons with John's parents.  It was 5 days of perfect weather and lots of fun!  As I look back at the pictures from past visits, I laugh because they all look the same except Sam and Lily Clare are a little taller and have on different bathing suits!  We stay in the same house and set up at the same sandy spot EVERY year...I guess we are creatures of habit!


There is something about fresh salty air that allows brothers and sisters get along!


Sam did a little beachfront lax practice!


John made friends with Mr. Heron as he threw him the minnows he caught in his net!


What...they are still getting along?!?!


October also brought us to our first Girl Scout camping trip.  Lily Clare and I ventured south to Luthersville, GA to Camp Serendipity.  (Kinda makes you think of a spa in the woods with massages and pedicures for everyone, right?!?)  Nope, none of that....but we did have a good time!


Lily learned how to make friendship bracelets; of which, I was a pro when I was her age!


She got to try her hand at leather stamping.


We hung out by the campfire - complete with s'mores,


had some time to horse around,


and even got to go kayaking without falling in!


Then came Halloween!  Sam was able to dress up for school and who do you think he went as???  Hint - Quack, Quack!  Duck Dynasty's Willie!  The beard was a big hit!


Lily was allowed to dress up as a character from a book and she chose - Willie Wonka!  She was proud to be the only girl dressed as a man! 


We were invited to trick or treat in our old neighborhood and the kids were so excited to be able to go be a part of the fun!


Sam was some kind of purple, disco "morph-man" and Lily was adamant on being a mean, green witch.


And we couldn't let the kids have all of the fun...so John and I went as Flo - from Progressive commercials and Mayhem from Allstate commercials.  We were awarded 2nd place, beat out by Woody and Little Bo Peep from Toy Story!

And where can you find me now????  Right here:


I had foot surgery on Thursday and have been laying on the sofa since.  Zac is protecting me and I'm full force in magazine reading, tv watching and Pinterest pinning!

So yep, we're alive! (I'm just not kickin'!)~
Laurie


No comments: