Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Coronavirus got me blowing the dust off my blog...

Hello? Hello? Anyone there?!?!
Image result for hello is this thing on
Well, with the new normal, with the uncertainty, with the thousands of new thoughts running through our heads, I decided now would be a good time to get back on my blog (what...it's only been 5 years!) and document our thoughts, our activities and how we as a world, nation, community and family are dealing with this crazy Coronavirus pandemic.  It is surely a scary time, but for our sanity, we need to realize that there are still some good things happening around us. So, here goes.....


                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, yesterday started our "social distancing", digital learning days at the Moore home.  So far, the largest challenge has been the kids wanting to treat it like a vacation day...stay up late, sleep til noon, etc.  I have a feeling it's going to take a few days and lots of work to get into our new schedule. At the end of the day, they both did their work and were able to connect with their teachers via email for clarification on some questions.  It was a Language Arts day and I was so impressed with the organization and availability of the teachers!  Kudos to them for stepping up to this challenge!

A couple of bonuses of the day were:

1)  We became proud owners of two new goats!  Meet Kenny and Dolly...


Kenny and Dolly came from a local farm...actually from a farmer who is a local legend, Farmer Billy.  Here are a couple of links to find out more about his history in Roswell:

https://www.familylifepublications.com/titles-and-blurbs/620-farm-raised

Please watch this sweet video of Billy and a friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnGQ-u1gok

but what's so neat is that my "human kids" and I use to visit his vegetable stand and we'd spend time talking with him and touring his garden.  He even invited us into his home one afternoon to sit on his couch and just talk.  What a wonderful history lesson we would get! (And yes, I bought one of his books and he kindly offered to sign it!) So, when I answer the ad to help with "re-homing" some goats, I was super excited to know where they were coming from!

2) My second bonus was found after I had been in the barn a couple of hours getting the new goats acclimated.  I walked into the great room and found Sam and Lily playing a good old fashioned game of Life!  Without being asked or forced!  I know it's a small thing, but it warmed my heart. (Unfortunately, I didn't get an action shot. but here's proof they played. Still waiting to be put away.)


Yes, we have some uncertainty ahead of us, but each day, if we focus on some of the positives, it's going to help us all get through this!  


We've got this~
Laurie

No comments: