Monday, March 23, 2020

So the first full week of our social distancing and digital learning went off without a hitch!! I've been so impressed with how well the kids are following the schedules they were given and how well the teachers have organized the lessons!

On Thursday, I took a little vacation from the "homestead" and journeyed to Gibbs Gardens, about 30 min north of us.  I've passed the signs for this for years, but never visited.  Oh my goodness, what an incredibly dreamy place!! Here's the link to read the history of the property:

Gibbs Gardens

And some pictures of the beautiful grounds.  It was the first sunny and warm day that we'd had in days...weeks...months(?!?).












Friday was another beautiful day, but we just stayed around the house.  I opened a puzzle that we had gotten for Christmas and Sam and Lily couldn't wait (I might have forced) to help put it together.  It was an "Atlanta" themed puzzle and very fun to put together! Actually, after a while, they did choose to help finish it.  We did it in the backyard to soak up some sun and fresh air.




In keeping with the challenge of "how much can we eat".... my two new recipes that were winners were:

This basic cheese dip recipe that I paired with pretzel rolls that I bought from Aldi. Yum!!!


and

This yummy appetizer that disappeared real quick!



I am trying to keep up with my workouts, so those will hopefully counteract these additions to our diet.  I guess we'll see in a few weeks!

Meanwhile, the latest Georgia numbers on the virus are: 800 cases and 24 deaths.  Such a scary thing going on. We continue to pray for the healthcare workers and everyone directly affected by the virus.

We're just trying to stay in and stay healthy~
Laurie

P.S.
And stay sane...








 

No comments: