Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmastime is here!!!!

You know this song. The precious little tune that has Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus and all of the gang singing along!
As I listened to this song today, I just couldn't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve! The build up to the "big day" is about to be over. I really can't believe it. It's been a busy holiday season, but seriously, if it weren't, it just wouldn't feel right. I love making the treats for the kids school parties, the handmade goodies for the teachers and neighbors and shopping for just the right gift for the family. So, come Dec. 26th, the sadness starts to set in.

This has been one of those short Christmas seasons, where the calendar only gives us three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I look at all that we've done in this time and it seems longer! Here, take a peek...
The kids had a great visit with Santa and made sure they relayed their list of wants to him! (A loooong list of wants!)


We had a fun night with Aunt Janet watching the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and a fun evening downtown!
I had fun waiting in line for the coveted Zhu-Zhu pet for Lily Clare! (I guess I'm glad that she can't read this!)



Our neighborhood held it's annual ladies ornament exchange and it was as fun as ever! Plenty of food and an overabundance of fun! What a great group of ladies!
Lily Clare discovered a new way to smile!
Have any of you seen reindeer in person?!? They are so magical!



This past weekend we had a super Givens family Christmas gathering!



Sam and Lily built gingerbread houses. And I'm not sure if the houses or their stomachs received more candy. But they had a blast and the results are beautiful! Oh, did I mention who was the brains behind the engineering of the houses.......

(John and Tony, please don't be mad!)

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and it's "THE" night of magic! We will host some of John's family and then we will head to Chattanooga on Saturday for the Moore gathering! So, I do get to stretch out my celebration through the weekend.

Until I catch you up on the last of our Christmas fun, I will leave you with this...



Taking it in~
Laurie

1 comment:

Tiffany Anne said...

Whose house is this at? It's beautiful....also, we have reindeer at our local Christmas tree farm, and Noah just loves them!!!