Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome 2010!

I found an awesome quote for the new year! (I posted it on my Facebook page on New Year's Day, so sorry if you've already read it!) But, here goes...

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Reading this just gives me chills, because it is so true! We are all a blank book and we are the ones responsible for how our story plays out. So, now I ponder...how will my book read!?! A mystery? A folk tale?

I predict it will be an adventure tale with some drama (I'm sure of it), some comedy (lots, I hope!), some romance (again, LOTS, I hope!!) with tons of "feel-good" moments and, of course, with Sam and Lily around...high-jinx will abound! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I know I owe some updates and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have a lazy snow day tomorrow! That way, I can bundle up in my Snuggie and sit on the sofa and type away! I'll leave you with a few of pics...

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!
(Click on the picture and you will see that she has snow on her tongue!)

Here's the part where my adventure begins...


What better way to start the New Year than with a New Year's Day hike!

Opportunity abounds~
Laurie

No comments: