Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Family and fun!

So, it's been a busy holiday season, so far! The weekend after Thanksgiving, I was fortunate enough to be able head to Savannah for a "Girls Weekend" with some of the girls in John's family-- his mom, aunt, sisters and cousin. And it was two full days of fun! We did lots of shopping, some incredible eating and had huge amounts of laughter! I know that I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm so fortunate to have such a great relationship with my husband's family. I do not take it for granted! You hear so many stories about the dreaded "in-law visit"; and I'm so lucky to not have that feeling at all! (Ha! Maybe they do about me?!?!? Who knows!!!)

Me with John's sisters!

My mother-in-law and me!

We had an incredible dinner at The Pink House! That's us in front of a beautiful fireplace!


This is John's sister Debbie choking me because of our restaurant dispute. (We didn't get it either, just thought it was funny!)

The gang-
Me with Johnny Mercer! I can't remember if I was helping him with "Hooray for Hollywood" or "Jeepers! Creepers!"

We were able to watch the Lighted Parade from Cynthia and Amber's balcony -- so fun!

Last week, Lily and I met Mom for a little holiday shopping. We went to a wonderful mall that is certainly a kids dream (if that's possible) and Lily had a blast as we window shopped!

She did a little sharp-shootin'!
I flirted with a Lego Darth Vader!
And Lily found another thing to add to her Christmas List!

So with the Christmas season in full swing, we are definitely trying to take it all in and not get too overwhelmed! We're having fun!

Ho Ho Ho~
Laurie

No comments: