Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Aaaa-choo! Do you hear me? Aaaa-choo! Can you feel my pain? Yep, Spring has sprung and my allergies are whacked out! But can that slow us down? By no means!

We have been going full speed ahead for the last month and I have a feeling that it's going to continue until school is out in a month! Let's see where I left off:

Sam kicked off his Spring Break with a "recorder concert" at school. And believe me, "Hot Crossed Buns" has never sounded better!



After the big concert, we headed to Chattanooga for a little fun. John and I love driving around on the back roads and taking in the beauty of the countryside. Here are some pictures from an area called McLemore Cove.

I just love this white barn against the blue sky!

And this was part of an ingenious locking system at the barn! :-)

One of my favorite farms...we can see this from atop the mountain looking off of John's sister's deck!

And this guy really wanted me to rub on him! John was forced to pull over and let me out of the car to do so!

John's family gathered at Janet's cabin to celebrate our birthdays! Not sure why I didn't take any pictures...I guess we were having too much fun! But on my birthday morning, we all ventured over to Cloudland Canyon State Park and hiked!


What a perfect way to kick off my 42nd (gulp!) year of life! We took on the 600 stairs like nobody's business! Yep - 600 down, 600 up! I think it was the beautiful scenery that got us through it all!



I know what made me get my tail out of there....

John knew that this was a harmless critter, so the kids were safe; but I still stayed away!

And I never knew that one could look so cute with a slithering reptile, but Lily pulled it off!

Well, that's my first installment in getting caught up on my blogging! I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter and felt the miracle of the holiday!

To be continued~
Laurie

No comments: