Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And life continues...

Our next stop for some Spring Break fun was Stone Mountain Park! This Southern jewel is minutes from my parents house and was part of my old stompin' grounds back in the 80's! The kids and I headed that way with some friends and had a great day!

We took in a 4D movie, played some miniature golf, rode a tram to the top of the mountain, climbed our way down and finished the day with a ropes course! (And were the kids pooped out?!?!? Never!!! I'm still searching for the activity that will do that!)

Here are some pics:




After our day of fun, we got to finish it off with a yummy dinner at my parents house! (My birthday request -- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, lima beans and cornbread!)

The finale of the week was our Christmas celebration with our friends - The Schusters! Unintentionally, we've begun the tradition of celebrating our holidays about 3 months too late. (Two busy families and illnesses pushes family gatherings further along the calendar!) But when we're able to get together, it's always a FUN time!

Do you think they like each other?

Complete with Christmas napkins!
Present time!!!!

***********
On a different note:

Today, I wrote the last check that I will ever write to a preschool. I'm so confused on whether I'm to be happy or sad?!?!? My heart floats between both! I've been so blessed to be able to put both Sam and Lily through an incredible program; so I'm happy about that! We now get to put the monthly amount into savings; so I'm happy about that! But it means that my little girl is GROWING UP!!!


First day of preschool!

Ready for her final Spring Sing concert!

Emotionally torn~
Laurie

No comments: