Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Fun!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day! Before I get into our happenings I wanted to talk about this day. I hope we all remembered what this day means. So many brave men and women have lost their lives for our many freedoms. Please think about this ultimate sacrifice and pray for those who are still fighting for us!

Well, we had a great three day weekend full of family fun! We headed to Alabama for the long weekend to spend time with my sister and her family and with my parents.

My sister has an incredible "spread" in Opelika that is just the perfect place for kids to run wild and experience just about ever part of nature. (Unfortunately for me, she and her family will be moving there full-time this summer. But that just means that my clan will have to force ourselves on them, a lot!!!) Anyway, Sam and Lily had such a blast chasing after their cousins!

Our weekend consisted of fishing, canoeing, biking, swimming, lots of eating and who would have thought...some good games of croquet! Believe me, after a couple of days of this, my kids were pooped! But did they ever have a blast. Take a look at these pictures to see some faces full of happiness!

Here's John sharing some of his fishing tips with Sam!

Looks like John's advice paid off! That, and Sam's strong determination!

A little clowning around with the cousins!

Of course we had s'mores!

Here's Nana aiming her mallet...look at that eye!

We celebrated Deedee's 40th birthday...again (is that the 7th or 8th?), and just enjoyed some good family togetherness. It's definitely memories like these that we carry with us forever. What better way to spend a long weekend than with the people who know you best, but love you anyway!?! Ha! We left with our hearts full of happiness and our faces covered with smiles!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Smiles~
Laurie

No comments: