Sunday, September 21, 2008

Farewell, Summer....

As I've mentioned many times before, I just love Summer! I try to stretch it out as long as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we get to experience all of the seasons and I wouldn't change that, but if John and I were on "The Newlywed Game" and he was asked what my favorite season is....the answer would be Summer! I found this snip-it in a magazine, cut it out and have it hanging on my fridge:

"Our calendars edge closer to Autumn, but who will blame us for holding on to Summer just a little while longer? Birdsong mornings, firefly evenings and cicada nights were never intended to be rushed through."

Perfect!

So, our finale to Summer was a long weekend at St. Simons Island with Grandma and Grandpa! With questionable weather and a busy week, we didn't make our final decision on going until 8:00 a.m. Wed. morning. Do you know when we left? 8:00 p.m. Wed. night! Yes, I packed a family of four for a four day vacation in less than twelve hours. (And didn't forget a thing---thank you!)

A dinner date with Grandma and Grandpa:


Hangin' with Grandma in the hot tub:


Quote of the weekend- "You sank my battleship!":


Soaking in a tide pool! (A big one!):


We had a wonderful time and I can definitely say it was a perfect way to move into Fall!

Looking for my pumpkins~
Laurie

P.S.

We came across this sign outside of a store. It was very enticing, but I decided to walk on past....

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Very cool that you got to go back one last time for the summer.... I'm jealous!!! I love all seasons but there is something magical about summertime!!!

Hope you're doing good!
Tracey

Jill Hill said...

Wish we could have met you guys out there again! But looks like y'all had a blast!

That sign is hilarious! Where was it hanging??...very curious!! =)

Hope you guys are having a great school year so far!!

missing summer as well,

Jill