Saturday, May 2, 2009

This post wrote itself!

So, SEVENTEEN years ago today, I married the love of my life!

We started dating back in 1987, and believe me, he was not the type of guy who I would have normally dated. What do I mean by that? Well, unfortunately, I don't have a picture to prove it, but "this guy" had hair longer than mine and being 1987, of course it was a mullet! Picture Joe Elliott of Def Leopard and you have the right picture. Better yet, take a look at this and imagine me bringing him home to Mom and Dad!
(At least he didn't wear these kinds of clothes!)

So, fast forward 17 years and here we are! Still happy, still silly and still in love! Of course, after 17 years, things have changed a bit, but we've remained true to ourselves and to each other and so very much in sync! How "in sync", you ask? Well, here's where the post wrote itself! We are so "in sync" that we both picked out the same anniversary card for each other at two different stores! I found this quite amazing!


So, how could I not post the endearing words that drew us both to think of each other!?!?


As parents and partners
we share everything-
Each joy and each challenge
that family can bring.

As partners we live
and we love side by side,
As parents we give
with our hearts open wide.

And that's why there's nothing
that I'd rather do
Than spend my forever
together with you!


After 22 years together, we have spanned the status' of single crazy college kids, a dating couple, fiances, newlyweds, DINKS (Double Income, No Kids), new parents, and now the future is ahead of us! These 17 years of marriage have been incredible and I know it's because of who I've traveled these 17 years with!



John, I love you!

Lovin' our life together~
Laurie

1 comment:

Jill Hill said...

Happy Anniversary!! How cute that you guys picked the same card!! That pretty much says it all, doesn't it??

Laurie, you look 17 in this picture!! Beautiful! (john is okay, too) ;)

toasting to you guys,

Jill