Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Today is the day to recognize all of the important things that the father's in our lives do everyday and do not get the accolades they deserve! Yes, they deserve a day of pampering, too! These guys go to work everyday and work hard to provide for the precious ones at home who are just waiting for their dad to walk in the door so they can cover him with hugs! At least that's how it happens at our house!

Sam and Lily just love their dad! They have to have hugs and kisses from him first thing in the morning and it's a fight to see who gets to have the bedtime story read to them from Daddy. When he walks in the door from work, they both race to get their hug! Yes, John is very popular in this house and I have to wait my turn to get my morning kiss or my welcome home hug.

John is a pillar of strength and an incredible role model for the kids. We love and appreciate him so much! Here are some awesome pictures to see him in action!!!!!



What Makes A Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

Author unknown

Now on the other level, John and I are both so fortunate to have strong, caring fathers in our lives! I look back and can remember so many great memories with my dad. Here's a teaser on a lot of fun stories:

1) Did I really knock out my dad's tooth while we were wrestling?
2) It's a brave dad who let's his daughters give him a perm. (Give him a break, it was the 80's and he was primping for Deedee's wedding!)
3) Why would my father let me go outside and honk the car horn at midnight?!?! New Year's Eve!
4) Teaching me to drive. (One word - "Crash" in the G-K parking lot)

There are tons more. But to sum it up...I love my Pop!







Happy Father's Day guys!

Loving all of the fathers in my life~
Laurie

1 comment:

Deedee said...

Don't forget the time we painted his toenails while he was sleeping. !! :) What a guy to put up with two silly girls! Deedee