Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The month of love

Ah, February. The month when the cold air and bitter winds of winter have taken their toll on all of us and our urge for warm weather is almost unbearable! But hidden in this chilly month is a holiday to celebrate the thing that all of us yearn for....LOVE!


So, in celebration of that wonderful four-letter word, I am going to write a post each day for all of the things that I love! And being that it is already Feb. 2nd, I will start with two things! (These are in no particular order, so no one get their feelings hurt, please!!!)
I love, love, love to workout! It is my time for ME! My favorite is when I get to escape to the gym at 5:30 in the morning (no, that is not a typo!) I love getting out of bed and heading to the gym when is it still dark, getting a good sweat going, and returning home before most of the family has awakened! (No Mom, I don't glisten, I sweat, sorry!) But, being a mother of two young un's I can't do that every day, so other days, I get them to school and workout before I run my errands. But either way, my kick-boxing/spinning/weight-lifting makes me happy!
I love that my kids will eat lots of healthy foods! You name it; almost every fruit or vegetable is eaten by our two little ones! O.K., I haven't mastered tomatoes or onions, but I can puree those and they never know the difference. Broccoli, asparagus, edamame, green beans ... are eaten without a battle, and the list goes on! This just makes any mother feel good! (I do balance the nutritional items with some sugary treats -- come on, what's a mom to do?!?)

Smiles~
Laurie

1 comment:

Tiffany Anne said...

I'm going to do this too....good idea for the month!!!