Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quotes!


Oh, how I love quotes and poems! If you've noticed, I use a lot of quotes on my blog and on my Facebook page. I love being able to sum up a feeling in a sentence or brief statement.

Here are some of my current favorites (they change frequently)....

The Best Things in Life Are Free ~Author Unknown

When we count our many blessings;
It isn't hard to see
that life's most valued treasures are the treasures that are free.
For it isn't what we own or buy
that signifies our wealth.
It's the special gifts that have no price:
our family, friends and health.

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~Mahatma Gandhi

May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country! ~Daniel Webster

Inspired~
Laurie

No comments: