Monday, February 7, 2011

Two loves

Well, Super Bowl Sunday threw me off and I didn't get a chance to post...so, I'll cover two of my loves today.

#1 -- Trader Joe's

(That is not a UFO in the background. It is a water tower. Don't be alarmed!)

If you don't have a Trader Joe's grocery store near you, let me say "I'm sorry!" And I'll try not to rub it in too much that we have one right around the corner! But, these little markets are awesome! I don't do 100% of my weekly shopping here, but I definitely make a weekly trip to get my T.J. faves!

Their stores are smaller than most, their prices are great, they carry a wonderful variety of all nature products and guarantee everything they sell! Not to mention, everyone that works there is always happy and eager to help...maybe it's the Hawaiian shirts they wear! They also have a sample station where they have some dish ready to sample. I've discovered so many new items, because I was able to taste them.

They have an awesome floral department with great prices!


Their stores are very organized and the perfect size, so you don't feel overwhelmed!


The kids love to go with me for two reasons. First, they have those small carts that they can push around (watch your heels!) and, second, they have a stuffed bear, "Teddy Joe" that they hide throughout the store. If you find it, you tell an associate and get a treat, like a cookie or a piece of candy. So the kids definitely get bummed if I don't include them in my trip.


Here are some of my favorites that I picked up today:

Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders
Wild Rice Pilaf
Chocolate Chip Dunkers (YUMMM)
Sundried Tomato and Basil Sausage
Mini Beef Tacos

So, if you're ever near a store, I highly recommend you drop in! And keep your eyes open for the bear!

#2 -- The slow emergence of Spring!


I noticed these on my way to the mailbox on Saturday. I sure hope this is a sign that the warmer weather and the beautiful season of Spring is around the corner!

Happy heart~
Laurie

No comments: